Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
BUILDING VALUE SINCE 1906

Our History

Bobrick was founded by George Augustus Bobrick in 1906 as the Bobrick Chemical Company. In the century-plus since then, Bobrick Washroom Equipment has grown into a leader in commercial washroom accessories and toilet partition systems with seven manufacturing divisions across the United States, Canada and Europe, with business operations that extend into 100 markets worldwide.

In 1908

Bobrick developed the world's first basin-mounted "Pullman" soap dispenser, establishing the company as a pioneer in soap dispensing equipment. By the 1920s, Bobrick had sold some 250,000 soap dispensers throughout the United States.

During World War II

Bobrick developed "Victory" model soap dispensers that conserved critically needed materials. Today, many Bobrick products are known for their ability to conserve critical resources and consumables.

In 1946

William S. Louchheim Sr. became a partner and managing officer of the Company, bringing to Bobrick an extensive background in engineering and banking.

In 1959

Bobrick hired its first Architectural Representative. Today, Bobrick's relationships with the architectural community continue to be essential to its success in the commercial construction market.

In 1961

Bobrick introduced a unique line of recessed stainless steel multi-purpose units. Building owners and architects called the new line the most spectacular advancement in commercial washroom equipment in half a century.

By 1966

Bobrick was celebrating its 60th year in a new 32,000 square foot headquarters building in North Hollywood, California.

In the 1970s

William S. Louchheim Jr. became president of Bobrick. During this period, Bobrick made tremendous strides developing three complete lines of washroom accessories as well as toilet partitions and related laminated plastic products–becoming the only washroom equipment manufacturer offering both accessories and toilet partitions.

In 1986

Bobrick introduced its AirCraft® recessed and surface-mounted warm air hand and hair dryers. The AirCraft dryers included the industry's first recessed automatic hand dryer.

In 1993

Mark Louchheim became the third generation of Louchheims to become president of Bobrick. Meanwhile, Bobrick introduced the ConturaSeries® washroom accessories, which provided an innovative alternative aesthetic with its rounded front.

In 2002

Bobrick launched an integrated sales, marketing, advertising, and distribution initiative to become the number one manufacturer of plastic laminate and solid phenolic toilet partitions in North America.

In 2004

Bobrick acquired the Koala Convenience and Activities Division from the Koala Corporation. Bobrick's Koala Kare Products division is the leading manufacturer of diaper changing stations, child seating, and activity products used in commercial, transportation, amusement and restaurant properties serving families with children.

In 2006

Bobrick acquired General Accessory Manufacturing Company (GAMCO) from the Liberty Hardware Group of the Masco Corporation.

From 2014 – 2016

Mark Louchheim served as Chairperson at the United Way of Greater Los Angeles. Mark's leadership and communication skills made significant contribution to the community, addressing poverty and homelessness by mobilizing resources to provide housing, education and job-training.

In 2015

Bobrick moved its headquarters from the building it occupied for 49 years to a new 112,000 square foot facility located at 6901 Tujunga Ave., North Hollywood, CA. The new LEED® Gold environmentally responsible facility demonstrates Bobrick's commitment to investing in manufacturing in the San Fernando Valley section of North Hollywood.

In January 2018

Bobrick acquired Thrislington Cubicles Limited, located in Deeside, Wales, from Strata International Group Limited. Thrislington is regarded as a global leader in the design and manufacture of toilet partitions.